7.27.2009

My Dad


On Saturday morning, an off duty NY city cop decided to do a U-turn on Route 743 in Pennsylvania and hit my dad while he was riding his Harley. My dad was thrown across the hood of the car and into the rural highway. I got a call from my cousin Randy who told me my dad was in an accident, but that he was ok. These are the phone calls i hope to never receive. I worry about something awful happening to my loved ones, especially my dad because he has to spend so much time on the road. It's extra hard being so far away, but i am glad that he has so much family and many friends who are looking in on him. Community is so important...something that gets lost sometimes in the bustle of modern day to day. 

As of today, my dad is still in the ICU with a broken pelvis and severe bruising and swelling along his left side. However, he did get good reports on checks for head trauma and damage to his spine. He was wearing a helmet and all his gear, thank God! The nurses have not said how long he will be in the hospital but he is at the: 

Penn State Hershey Medical Center

500 University Drive
Hershey, PA 17033

Hospital Operator:  (717) 531-8521


I was able to speak with him briefly and he sounds good, all things considered, but is in a lot of pain and was tired out. Please keep my dad in your thoughts and prayers. He means the world to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment