11.11.2009

For Aunt Jude


Aunt Jude is sad today, so we thought we would post some sunshine and tell her a funny short but sweet story to cheer her up. I'll let Una tell it:

After my morning nap (which my mommy was really thankful for) i had lunch, and then i was hanging out in my bouncy chair while mommy was eating her lunch just the way daddy doesn't like it, i.e. standing up and at the computer. I was making lots of funny noises in order to get her attention and belting out a shriek or two every now and again. It's really, really effective. So mommy started hunching over all caveman-like, rocking back and forth and singing, "Poopies, poopies, poopies" faster and faster until she could put her nose to my nose and i was just besides myself. She thought she was pretty funny, and she is, but mostly i was like, "Yeah, exactly, i have poopies! Poopies, mommy, poopies!" But she doesn't get it and just goes back to what she was doing...over there...at the computer...all like Fa-la-la-la-la, la-la, la, LA! because she's working on getting plane tickets to go east for christmas. Eventually she picks me up and figures it out, but it takes her long enough. Jeez.

I'm kinda misunderstood right now. that's just the way things are at the moment. i was complaining about it on my facebook page, and all my other friends said they totally feel the same way. my momma calls me Young Frankenstein because most of my vocabulary consists of, "Mmmmmmmmmm," and I'm particularly misunderstood at nap time which is uber frustrating. she puts me in my crib and i'm like, "Wait! i was going to make espresso!" But to no avail. That damn door still closes.

4 comments:

  1. una -you should totally have your own blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Mom is pretty tough, Una. If you made espresso for me, you could stay up as long as you wanted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So funny! A friend and I were just watching that scene the other night....beautiful, Una. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Una, you go girl. With love, your fairy godmother.

    ReplyDelete